Well I woke up this morning to a lovely treat. I admit I am rather sad …. one of the first things I do in the morning is pick up my phone to see if anything exciting has been happening in my little online world! I have a slight addiction to checking out my site statistics and, if I’m honest, I get a kick out of seeing how many people are reading my ramblings! 🙂 It has been reassuring and motivating to see people are actually visiting my blog – especially as I only started it a couple of weeks ago. So, much to my great excitement, and amazement, I had a lovely message telling me that someone loves my blog so much … that they have nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thank you Concentrate On Yourself – you have made my day!
So what is a Liebster award?
Well that was my first question as well! The cynic in me had the initial reaction of thinking it was some kind of hoax – so I thought I had better check it out before I start clapping my hands in pure glee! Well, the good news is, it is genuine. It’s not so much an ‘official’ award as such – there is no judging panel, prizes or trophies! But what it is, is a way to show appreciation to your favourite blogs, share some blogging love and give much needed motivation to some up-and-coming blogs. ‘Liebster’ is a German word meaning ‘sweetheart, beloved person, darling’ – a huge compliment in itself.
So, never one to turn down an award (I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouse after all!), there are some rules I must abide by …. as this is also an opportunity to pass on and share ‘the love’ with others too.
The rules …
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog (see above!)
- You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you
- Nominate 10 of your favourite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination
- Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer
The 10 questions I was asked:
1. Name 5 things you want to accomplish before you die.
Hello, have you not seen my blog? There’s 101 things I want to do on here already – and that’s within 1001 days!!! 🙂 But if I have to think about lifelong goals, then I would add these ones onto the list:
- Get married in Las Vegas
- Go on a ‘around the world’ cruise
- Run an ultra race (sorry I know that one is on the 101 challenges list already!)
- Buy my own home
- Publish a novel
2. What is your favourite thing to do?
Spending time with my family.
3. What would your ideal day be like?
It would do something like this ….
- Have a nice lie in, after a whole night of undisturbed sleep
- Go for a run
- Have a big fry up for a late breakfast
- Lazily get ready, not being rushed around, with my little boy doing exactly what he’s told, when he’s told, so we get out of the door nice and calmly, with no stress!
- Go shopping somewhere decent, with lots of shops, and being able to buy whatever I want
- Stop for a spot of late lunch somewhere like Pizza Hut for the Pizza buffet (one of my little one’s favourites!)
- A trip to the cinema
- A pit stop in the pub for a couple of glasses of wine
- Pick up an Indian Takeaway and a bottle of wine on the way home
- Sit down on the sofa as a family, pigging out on takeaway, drinking till I’m merry and watching films together
- Putting my little boy to bed, with no rigmarole or tears, and he goes straight to sleep
- Have a cuddle on the sofa with the OH, accompanied by a bottle of wine (a second one!), and a decent film
4. Do you have a favourite food?
I love food and it is so hard to pick a favourite. I think I should have been Italian though, as I am a huge fan of pasta and pizza. Pizza would probably be my absolute favourite if I had to pick one thing.
5. Do you have a best friend?
Sort of. I have a few close friends. But I have one friend, Rachel, who I have known my whole life (since we were 2 years old). We have grown up together and she was almost like an ‘honorary sister’ to me when we were kids. We don’t see each other very often, but when we do we pick up where we left off from and I know that she would drop everything for me if I needed her (which she has done in the past) and I would likewise if she needed me.
6. What have you done that you are most proud of?
Giving birth to our little boy, Jack.
7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
I would hire a car and spend a few months driving around the USA.
8. Do you have a favourite quote?
At the moment it would be something motivational like, ‘Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.’ – George E. Woodbury.
9. If anything was possible, what would you invent?
A machine that would allow you to travel anywhere you wanted at warp speed. Something like a ‘beam me up Scotty’ machine from Star Trek. Then I could go anywhere without having to book flights or travel for hours and I could even go and check out some of the other planets in the universe!
10. What would your superpower be?
Invisibility. That way I could sneak around and see what people were doing and saying without them knowing I was there. I know I would probably ending up seeing and hearing things that I don’t want to, but then every superpower has a price to pay doesn’t it! 🙂
My 10 blog nominations
- Running Brook Reflections
- The Unfinished Script
- You Fill me with Joy
- ‘To define is to limit’
- Write Through Life
- LC Healthy Living
- Married to a non-runner
- Rebrand Yourself
- She Writes on Paper
- Overactive Blogger
My questions …
- If you had the ability to time travel, when would you travel to?
- What is your favourite film of all time?
- If you could write a letter to a younger version of yourself, what piece of advice would you give yourself?
- Where is your favourite place in the world?
- What three items would you take with you to a desert island?
- What resolutions have you set yourself for this year?
- If you could do anything you wanted ‘right now’, what would you be doing?
- What is your biggest regret in life?
- What is your favourite recipe to cook?
- What book would you recommend to a friend? (this helps me out with my challenge 21 – get 20 friends to recommend me a book and read them all!)