Its day 22 of the Fitness Blogger 30 Day Writing Challenge and todays post is all about what I would pack in my fitness survival kit.
Now this is an interesting one and the best thing is that there appears to be no limit to the number of items I can include – I might need a fitness survival support truck if I had my way – but I will try to minimise it to a list of 5 items, to give myself some parameters to work to.
1. Fuel to keep me going – isotonic gels are small and lightweight and don’t need to be taken with water, so are great for short survival stints. But if I need to keep going for longer then I would also need to look at some water and high energy food to fit in the kit somewhere.
2. A decent pair of sports shoes – a runner by heart (and one suffering from a few aches and pains at the moment) I appreciate the need of a good pair of well fitted running shoes to keep me injury free and comfortable for longer.
3. A headband – to keep annoying hair out of my face, or this just becomes an annoying distraction.
4. My Samsung Galaxy S4 – come on a girl can’t survive without her technology! And I would be lost without my Runkeeper app to record my progress, as well as my tunes to keep me motivated and entertained.
5. Good quality, comfortable running clothes – the other day my running trousers split up the seam of my inside leg and very quickly my inner thigh was rubbing and became quite sore. This just brought home the need for comfortable kit when exercising, as it can make all the difference to your endurance abilities.